Wednesday, February 8, 2012

So far, so good...with a little chocolate, of course!

Day...3 it is now, and I'd say this is going pretty well. I've been drinking about 3-4 drinks a day, about 16-24 oz each. And it's kind of exciting! I've learned that I can satisfy sweet and savory cravings, just by switching things up. I've had to be careful and not make my fruit ones TOO sweet, and I've started putting the spinach and other softer things, like blueberries, in the blender with the juice. I feel like I'm getting more nutrients by keeping those things whole. My scale is telling me I'm doing things right (142.4 this morning), and I am thinking more clearly, I seem to be more motivated, and I'm getting more done. It's like I've shaken the lazy feeling. For the most part, I'm not hungry most of the time. Yesterday afternoon I felt a little light-headed, so I stole 2 or 3 handfuls of cashews. And today I made lunch for the volunteers at the storehouse, so I "tasted" the cranberry pork roast I made. It was pretty good, I had two bites, and a potato wedge, to see if they were done yet. I'd say for not snatching cheese every chance, I did pretty well! Listen, I'm NOT going to serve something I haven't tasted, so a few bites was all I had. But when I got home, I was semi-hungry, so I made a DELICIOUS juice, but then munched on a hazelnut chocolate bar while I drank it. Enough of my transgresses, overall...I'm proud at how well I've done. I add in tofu, about 2.5 oz, an egg, and a tablespoon of ground flax to my morning drink, and just added some tofu, and an avocado to my afternoon drink, and the added protein/fat is quite satisfying! I almost want to eat my veggie avocado drink with a corn chip! But none of that! I'd say if I cheat a few oz of solid food a day, I'm still doing pretty well! Also, I've allowed myself to eat bananas (which I haven't had to yet) and avocados, since those go in the blender anyway. When I need to actually eat food, I just bust open an avocado, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper, and spoon away! Deeelicious! I love the feeling of enjoying whole healthy foods! And it's amazing what a little garlic salt and cayenne pepper can do! So my lunch veggie juice, which was delicious, was as follows:

2 large carrots
3 kale leaves (smaller size)
1 tomato
1/3 large bell pepper
3 lime wedges
3 radishes
large handful of cilantro
1 inch jalapeno

blend with:
1/2 avocado
3 oz tofu
shake of garlic salt
shake of cayenne pepper

It was delicious, did I mention that???

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Sauce!!! You're doing great! Send some of that motivation over here, would ya?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, you ARE a big percentage of my motivation! I LOVE that you explore healthy weird food like I do! I love that you are passionate about things that most of my friends don't want to hear about. I dream about living by you! I MISS you!

      Delete
  2. so did you put all that into a juicer or a super blender?
    sounds great on all totally on my diet .. I too have taken a new path to eating and have lost 30lbs in 6 months and that includes spending 2 weeks in Europe with all those amazing breads, meats and pastries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzin, thank you so much for your comments today! I love hearing feedback! I am glad you have found me. I did use an Acme juicer for this mess, it was noisy, but did a marvelous job! With the juice fast I was on, the plan was to cut down on the bulk to allow rapid absorption of nutrients. Hence juicing instead of blending.

      Great job on your amazing weight loss! And I am very proud you maintained through Europe, I could never do that! I'd do an extra 3 hrs on the treadmill just to eat everything I could! Best of luck!

      Delete