Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Whining...feel free to skip

So, I've been serious about this for almost 2 weeks. I don't go over 1200 calories a day, I exercise 2 hrs a day, at least 5 days a week. I could drink more water...but so far, the scale is not telling me what I want to hear. Clothes are not significantly more roomy. I look a little better, but maybe that's just my more positive frame of mind looking at myself knowing I've been working hard. I see results to save myself from discouragement. Yes? No? I don't know...

I have learned to utilize the group classes at the gym. They are the only thing that make me sore again. For some reason, I am not good at making myself hurt. My self-preservation must win out over my fitness goals. In a group class, the social pressures of other class members and the barking instructor telling me to "get those knees up, push it HARDER" certainly helps me to push past the pain. Yesterday I did a Turbo Kickbox class, and realized about a minute into it that I haven't done kickboxing since college and wow, is it buttkicking! My new fitness goal? To not be embarrassed about things protruding and shaking in an aerobics class. Looking at myself in the mirror is all the motivation I need to "push it HARDER!"

The pain after a kickbox class is back pain, upper arm pain, and is very uncomfortable. Leg pain is painful when you walk, when you stand up and sit down, but back muscle pain, that sucks all the time, when you're sleeping, sitting, showering, all the time. At the same time, why am I complaining? Because I am sore, I know I actually pushed myself, I'm actually growing.

Oh, the one thing I have noticed? I only have to give my hand a few hard shakes and my wedding ring flies off! So...at least my fingers are thinner...right?

2 comments:

  1. I soooo want to get my body back!!

    Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up Carol. I've seen a recent picture of your a$$ it's just fine.

    Here's my advice (and I'm entitled to give it because I worked in the daycare at Golds Gym). You HAVE to do weight training if you want to see weight loss. Weight training builds up muscles and more muscles means more calories burned each day. Granted, this is coming from a girl that has had 20 pounds to lose for like two years now...

    Oh and another helpful thing when you get tired during your workout...picture in your mind a girl that you HATE and imagine yourself skinnier than she is. It's surprisingly motivating.

    ReplyDelete