Saturday, January 9, 2010

Here goes nothing!

I've never thought my life was blog-worthy, no kids to talk about, no crazy life circumstances, just me, and my plain white bread life. However, recently I signed my husband and I up to run a marathon, yes a FULL marathon. Yes I can hear your nay-saying as you read this, and I'd love to hear it! Fires me up even more to head straight to the gym! Anyway, the day of reckoning is May 30th, until then you can find me in various stages of exhaustion, self-doubt, and occasional excitement. I am learning a lot about myself, and this is where I share it with you!

Lessons I've learned so far while training for a marathon

1. To go to the gym without showering, blow drying and the minimal foundation and mascara.
2. To sweat in public, A LOT, and to bring a towel to the treadmill, cause I'll need it!
3. I now judge every song I hear by the bpm's followed by a calculation on how many mph's that translates to on the treadmill. Anything under 130 bpm's is NOT going to work.
4. The BEST painkiller for sore muscles is, surprisingly, an hour of cardio!
5. I will be perpetually sore from now until possibly the second week of June.
6. The first 10-20 minutes of the workout are killer! Make it through, and you could go for hours.
7. 6 miles on the elliptical = 4 miles on the treadmill = 2 miles on actual land.

And like I mentioned, I am exhausted. But I still have one more workout to get in today, two-a-days are awesome!

1 comment: